Faculty of Food Technology
The Faculty of Food Technology was established in 1948. Since then, 65 years of activities, rich in long-standing traditions, scientific and technical achievements, and continuous striving to educate the students and develop the study and scientific facilities, have passed. The development, which the faculty has experienced during the years, is characterized not only by its students and graduates, but also by a growing recognition of the faculty in the areas of food science and nutrition science in Latvia and beyond.
The Faculty of Food Technology has trained more than 5,000 food and hospitality industry specialists for professional career and life; they are now successfully working in food manufacturing companies, government institutions, scientific research and vocational education institutions, as well as running their own businesses.
The faculty has implemented and it will continue to pursue its primary objective - to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical skills necessary for academic or higher vocational education of the food and hospitality industries as well as for the research in food science and nutrition science.
As regards students, who are just starting their studies, the faculty offers dynamic studies in modern laboratories, active student life and practice as well as study opportunities abroad in companies and in the partner universities.
- Production and processing
- Hotel and restaurant service
- Tourism and recreation organisation
- Health care
- Food Science
- Nutrition Science
- Catering and Hotel Management
- Food Technology
Directions of RESEARCH:
- New products from the raw materials of plant and animal origin, their production technologies and nutrition
- Food safety and risk management
- The study of biologically active compounds
- Application of new packaging materials and technologies in food production