11th Baltic Conference on Food Science and Technology "FOODBALT 2017"
April 27-28, 2017
In parallel with the 11th Baltic Conference on Food Science and Technology, FoodBalt 2017, SCIEX and Adrona invite you to attend the seminar Latest Advances in Food analysis using LC-MS/MS on Wednesday 26th April 2017 in Jelgava, Latvia.
Learn about the latest applications for mass spectrometry in food analysis:
- High-end quantitation in the high throughput analytical laboratory;
- High-resolution LC-MS/MS for food & environmental testing;
- The power of mass spectrometry in the detection of food fraud;
- New SCIEX solutions to accurately find and identify residues and contaminants with ease.
We are proud and honoured that 11th Baltic Conference on Food Science and Technology “Food science and technology in a changing world” FoodBalt 2017 is again organized in Latvia. Under the Conference theme participants are welcome to explore how food science will contribute to feeding a growing world population, providing sustainable food production, as well as promoting the dissemination of new knowledge and innovations.
The conference is a unique event bringing together leading food scientists and new researchers, as well as doctoral students from European countries to advance food science globally.
The conference isn’t about research only. It will also provide many opportunities to meet friends and to make new ones. And it gives you excellent chances to discover the Latvia and to enjoy the city of Jelgava!
On behalf of the Faculty of Food Technology Latvia University of Agriculture I invite you to participate in this remarkable event and I am looking forward to meeting you!
Dean, professor of the Faculty of Food Technology Latvia University of Agriculture
The proceedings of international conference FoodBalt 2011 published by LLU had been indexed in SCOPUS database, but proceedings of FoodBalt 2014 - in WEB of SCIENCE database.
- Health-relevant food products and issues
- Quality and safety of processed foods
- Trends in new food product and technology development
- Food chemistry, analysis and quality assessment
- Quality, commercialization and consumer perspective food
- Food material / packaging interaction
- Sustainable processing and packaging
- Consumer behaviour and sensory issues
- Food chain management (raw materials, logistics, economics, information systems, etc.)
Programme will include plenary lectures, parallel sessions with oral presentations and poster presentations.
LANGUAGE: Official conference language is English.
GUIDELINES - ABSTRACT, PAPER AND POSTER
Abstracts must be written in English. Use of Calibri font in 10 point, justified single spacing is strongly recommended. The abstract should not exceed 250 words. The Abstract should state briefly the aim of the research, the principal results and major conclusions. Tables, figures, photographs and references should not be included in the abstract. Keywords (max. 5 words) should be listed directly below the abstract body with 10 point normal.
In order to fit the page layout please use the template when preparing the abstract.
* Please keep in mind that maximum 2 abstracts per registered participant will be accepted.
Nevertheless only one full paper will be accepted per registration.
For additional paper 60 EUR fee should be paid.
Full paper must be written in English. The paper should be divided into the following sections: Abstract, Key words, Introduction, Materials and Methods, Results and Discussion, Conclusions, and References. Please fit the manuscript on A4 sized (210 mm × 297 mm) paper, with margins in all sides 25 mm. Use of Times New Roman font with single spacing is strongly recommended. The paper should not exceed 6 pages. The same data should not be reproduced in both diagrams and tables. All the figures, photographs and images should be black and white (no colours). System International (SI) units should be used. The references in the text should correspond to the ones listed in a reference list and should be available for public. The list of references should be included at the end of the text in alphabetical order according to the example. More detailed guidelines are provided in paper template, which should be used for preparing the manuscript.
Full papers and Copyright Transfer should be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 27,2017.
The oral communication comprises a time space of 15 minutes. The presentation should not exceed 12 minutes, allowing 3 minutes for discussion.
The vertical (portrait) poster should not exceed the following size 65 cm width x 95 cm height. The organizers will provide the material necessary to pin the poster on the wall.
- Submission of abstract - 31.01.2017.
- Notice of acceptance - 06.02.2017.
- Submission of full papers - 27.02.2017.
- Registration fee - 20.03.2017.
- Full registration - 150 EUR, incl. 21% VAT
- PhD and Master students (certified) registration - 80 EUR, incl. 21% VAT
Payment will be accepted only by bank transfer prior to the deadline (20.03.2017.). Payment details will be sent together with notice of acceptance.
Registration fee includes admission to the lectures, Abstract book, Conference proceedings, coffee and snacks during breaks, the Conference dinner.
Inga Ciprovica, Latvia University of Agriculture
- Evita Straumite, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
- Tatjana Kince, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
- Viktor Nedovic, University of Belgrade, RS
- Jorg Hampshire, Fulda University of Applied Sciences, DE
- Grazina Juodekiene, University of Technology, LT
- Daina Karklina, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
- Ruta Galoburda, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
- Raquela Guine, Polytechnic Institute of Viseu, POR
- Aleksandr Shleikin, Saint-Peterburg National Research University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics, RUS
- Ievina Sturite, NIBIO, NOR
- Thierry Talou, National Polytechnic Institute of Toulouse, FR
- Rimantas Venskutonis, Kaunas University of Technology, LT
- Raivo Vokk, Tallinn University of Technology, EE
- Erkan Yalcin, Abant Izzet Baysal University, TR
Zanda Kruma, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
Dace Klava, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
Sandra Muizniece-Brasava, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV
Martins Sabovics, Latvia University of Agriculture, LV