Important information regarding studies in the 2021/2022 academic year
The epidemiological situation throughout the world and Latvia has been difficult and often, unclear as we still do not know to how much of the ‘’normal’’ life we can return safely. As most higher education institutions, LLU has delivered the majority of teaching during 2020/2021 remotely, however we know that students want the adventure, that is attending a university. But we must also provide it in a cautious, health-oriented manner, therefore to ensure that the students enrolled at LLU receive a quality education and are able to participate in the university experience as much as is considered safe to do so, several rules have been put in place.
According to the regulation of Cabinet of Ministers No.360, adopted on June 9, 2020 "Epidemiological Safety Measures for the Containment of the Spread of COVID-19 Infection" LLU rector Irina Pilvere has issued the following guidelines for the 2021/2022 academic year:
- Studies at LLU start on September 6, 2021, in-person
- Students and teaching personnel can participate in in-person lectures/practical sessions:
- Until October 10, 2021, with an interoperable Covid19 vaccination or recovery certificate, or by presenting a negative, interoperable Covid19 testing certificate done within the last 48h
- From October 11, 2021, ONLY with an interoperable Covid19 vaccination or recovery certificate
- The procedure for authentication of the Covid19 certificates will be outlined in a separate rector’s decree.
- The costs associated with the Covid19 tests must be covered by the students and personnel from their personal funds.
- If a person with an interoperable Covid19 test, done within the last 48h is participating in an on-site activity, everyone present must wear face coverings. While present in indoor facilities at LLU, face coverings are mandatory for everyone.
- Students wishing to carry out regular Covid19 testing until October 10, 2021, must present the negative test result to the teaching personnel prior to every in-person session
- Persons presenting falsified certificates, forged test results or any other form of forged documents will be held liable in the order stipulated in the legislation.
Wishing you a safe and productive study year!