Professional study programme - Business Management
In order to stay on top of the competition each company, no matter how big or small it is, need business manager - someone who oversees the management of a business. If you wish to be a manager in multi sectoral field or highest level manager in field of regional economics, resource management and management processes, you can get it!
Degree: Professional Master in Business Management
Qualification: Manager of Companies and Institutions (for 120 ECTS)
Credits: 90 ECTS; 120 ECTS
Duration of studies: full-time – 1.5 years; 2 years
Language of instruction: English
Tuition fee per year: 2400 EUR
Admission: twice a year
Contact person: Dr.oec. Andra Zvirbule, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accredited until: December 31, 2020
This programme is aimed to promote students with knowledge in business, resource management, management processes, finance and regional economics. The study programme consists of compulsory courses, elective courses and practical training, which gives you:
- knowledge in business, resource management, management processes, finance and regional economics necessary for the acquisition of the latest achievements in the branch to attain theoretical and practical basis for obtaining qualification of a higher level manager;
- understanding of different type management processes in a company, and to provide the acquisition of necessary knowledge in sectoral aspect;
- to develop and strengthen the research skills, where research methods are applied;
- to rouse interest in research activities, and to find an opportunity to have a practical training in the presentation of research results.
The full – time degree programme covers 1.5 or 2 academic years. In 1st semester general skills and abilities for manager of companies and institutions are acquired. In 2nd semester - specific skills of the profession and common professional skills whereas in 3rd semester - communication skills and skills for the solution of the problem to be studied, application of these skills in the practice. The study programme is completed with the elaboration and defense of the Master’s thesis.
Bachelor’s degree obtained in the second level professional undergraduate studies or the second level professional higher education as well as Level 5 professional qualification acquired after graduating the Study Programme in the following groups of study programmes: Economics, Business, Management and Administration (the study programme of 1.5 years).
Academic Bachelor’s degree obtained in undergraduate studies or the second level higher professional education not related to the particular field of specialisation (the study programme of 2 years).
English requirements: IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
Career prospects and further studies
Our recent Masters graduates are:
- managers in agricultural enterprises;
- administrators in regional governing bodies;
- regional project managers;
- market research managers and analysts in agricultural sector and processing companies;
- new enterprise owner/managers.
Master’s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective doctoral programme in universities in Latvia or abroad