Degree: Doctor of Economics (Dr.oec.)
Credits: 180 ECTS
Duration of studies: 3 years (full-time)
Application : year-round
Language of instruction: English
Tuition fee per year: 3,400 EUR (research costs, living costs are not included)
Programme director: associate professor, Dr.oec. Dina Popluga, Dina.Popluga@llu.lv
Accredited until: December 31, 2020
The study programme is aimed to promote the formation of a new generation of scientists, who have qualifications meeting international standards in economics, especially in the sub-branches of agrarian economics and regional economics by enabling students to acquire theoretical knowledge of a higher level, learn methods of research work and the principles of its management, to elaborate a doctoral dissertation and obtain an internationally recognised doctoral degree.
The programme is designed to be dynamic, during the study process doctoral students obtain knowledge on how to research and describe changes in the economy, so that the most urgent problems regarding the economic and international situation in the country are tackled. The programme covers theoretical knowledge in international and global economics, macroeconomics, company economics (microeconomics), entrepreneurship, agricultural and regional economics and related fields. The study programme is completed with the elaboration and defence of a Doctoral thesis.
Master’s degree in Economics, Management or Business Administration.
Applicants with background in other field need to pass an entrance exam.
English knowledge: minimum - IELTS score 6.0, TOEFL score 547, TOEFL-iBT score 76.
The graduates of this programme are usually employed in national and international companies and higher education institutions, government institutions, as well works independently as researchers in projects of different scales in Latvia and abroad.
Why study Agrarian and Regional Economics at the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies?
- International engagement in various programmes including student transfer programmes, joint academic programmes and researches.
- Programme put emphasis on close cooperation between studies, science and industry.
- Here you will carry out research of national and international significance.
- Programme gives you opportunities to disseminate your research results to a wider audience of scientific community.
- Faculty of Economics and Social Development is one of the leading and largest teaching and research institutions in agricultural economics of the country.