Economic problems are an ever-present and inherent part of our lives. If you wish to understand how to improve the living conditions of people in their everyday lives and how to solve economic issues in economic sectors, come and join us!
Degree: Bachelor of Social Sciences in Economics
Credits: 240 ECTS
Duration of studies: full-time – 4 years
Language of instruction: English
Tuition fee per year: 2000 Eur
Admission: twice a year
Contact person: Dr.oec. Dina Popluga, email@example.com
Accredited until: December 31, 2020
This programme is aimed to provide students with the knowledge and skills necessary to be work-ready and competitive economists in the national and international labour markets. The study programme consists of compulsory courses, elective courses and practical training, which gives you:
- analytical skills and knowledge to understand economic circumstances in micro and macro level;
- ability to analyse and critically assess processes and mutual relations of factors in agrarian and environmental economics, or in business process management;
- understanding of how to make decisions and manage resources rationally and sustainably;
- an opportunity to get interested in research activities and awareness of importance of lifelong learning.
You will have the possibility to meet dynamic and experienced academic staff, to acquire unique knowledge in agricultural economics and to improve your knowledge abroad. The full – time Bachelor’s degree programme covers 4 academic years, where the 1st and 2nd academic years gives you general skills and abilities for an economist, but the 3rd and 4th academic years give you more specific skills in one of the following specialization directions: Agrarian and Environmental Economics or Business Process Management.
Further is given short guide how to choose your specialization direction, where your choice highly dependent on your interest and what will be specific study courses within each specialization direction:
This study programme is completed with the elaboration and defence of the Bachelor’s thesis.
Applicants with completed secondary education are approved for admission to the programme. Applicants must have at least a "Satisfactory" grade in Mathematics, must be able to present good English knowledge (minimum - CEFR level B2, IELTS score 5.5, TOEFL score 520, TOEFL-iBT score 68) and need to pass an online aptitude test in social sciences.
Career prospects and further studies
Your bachelor degree in economics will open various professional opportunities for you. Since you have acquired knowledge in agrarian economy, environmental economy and business process management, then you have a wide point of view on business processes in various sectors and are able to assess situations in the market, organize and manage comprehensive entrepreneurship and implement innovative management ideas in rural and urban areas.
Our recent Bachelor graduates are employed in agricultural sector companies, banking and finance sector companies, government institutions, academic and research organizations, self-owned companies.
Bachelor’s degree entitles graduates to continue studies in a respective Master’s study programme in universities in Latvia or abroad.
Why to study economics at Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies?
- Recognition – Faculty of Economics and Social Development is one of the leading and largest teaching and research institutions in agrarian economics of the country.
- Here you will find out how to meet one of the 21st century challenge – to manage resources in rational and sustainable way.
- Affordable course fee – flexible payment schedule makes you comfortable in financing.
- Studies in this study programme are based on dynamic and experienced tutors with modern approach to study process.
- Creates various opportunities to improve your personal skills through modern learning methods.