International Advisory Board
International Advisory Board of Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies is a voluntary unregulated body providing non-binding strategic advice to the research program, management of the scientific work and other questions related to science at LLU.
International Advisory Board of Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies consists of 14 members from different countries and members are appointed to 3 years.
The main function of the Board is to offer assistance to Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies with advice to promote and develop the research level and to move to the scientific excellence.
Responsibilities of LLU IAB are:
- to oversee the development of the LLU’s research program or a part of the research program related to the member’s qualification and experience;
- to develop an understanding of the research trends in the world related to the member’s scientific interest;
- to provide insights and ideas from a third point-of-view;
- to provide the information about the LLU scientific possibilities to involve the new partners for the new projects and other activities;
The members of the International Advisory Board (2018-2020)
- Frederick Lothrop Stoddard, Professor at University of Helsinki, Finland
- Haldja Viinalass, Professor at Estonian university of Life Sciences, Estonia
- Hannu Saloniemi, Professor Emertitus at University of Helsinki, Finland
- Kalev Jõgiste, Professor at Estonian university of Life Sciences, Estonia
- Mašek Jiri, Vice-dean ofFaculty of Engineering in Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague, Czech Republic
- Karsten Jørgensen, Professor at Norwegian University of Life Sciences, Norway
- Sabina Źróbek, Professor at University of Warmia and Mazury in Olsztyn, Poland
- Maciej A. Orzechowski, Researcher at Wroclaw University of Environmental and Life Sciences, Poland
- Arvydas Povilaitis, Professor at Vytautas Magnus University, Lithuania
- Vikor Nedovic, Professor at University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Grazina Juodeikiene, Professor at Kaunas University of Technology, Lithuania
- Rogier Schulte, Professor at Wageningen University and Research, Netherlands
- Maria Parlinska, Professor at Warsaw university of Life Scienes, Poland
- Jaroslav Pokorny, Professor at Charles University in Prague, Czech Republic