Academic study programme - Sustainable Forestry
“Forest is Life” is the main idea for studies in the study programme “Sustainable Forestry”. There is a forest all around us. It is a green treasure with a large potential of providing different type of benefits and resources for society and landowners.
Degree: Bachelor of Agricultural Sciences in Forest Science
Credits: 180 ECTS
Duration of studies: 3 years (full-time)
Language of instruction: English
Tuition fee per year: 3000 Eur
Admission: once a year (September intake)
Programme director: Mg.silv. Edgars Dubrovskis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Accredited until: December 31, 2021
In this programme you will prepare to work with a diversity of landowners, agencies, wildlife, and a wide range of forest industries. You will learn:
- fundamental forestry concepts such as ecology, silviculture, and forest measurements;
- how studies serve as an effective background for managing forests and a wide range of natural resources;
- forest policy and ways to address complex socioeconomic issues involved in practicing forestry;
- how to enhance the health and integrity of our forests.
Students acquire knowledge of economic, ecological and social aspects of the forest, study the management and organization of forestry activities, learn about the wood market, learn how to care for the forest to maximize the yield and preserve biodiversity.
Students with bachelor’s degree:
- competently solve problems of science and practice in the field;
- are familiar with the development trends of the sector and the problems of the related branches of science.
Applicants with completed secondary education are approved for admission to the programme, namely, applicant need to be eligible for university studies in your own country. Applicants must have at least "satisfactory" grade in Mathematics, must be able to present good English knowledge (minimum - CEFR level B2, IELTS score 5.5, TOEFL score 520, TOEFL-iBT score 68 ) and need to pass an online entrance test in Biology.
Career prospects and further studies
After the graduation you can work as a professional and afterwards in leading positions in public or municipal institutions, advisory services, state forest companies, municipal or private companies, forest inventory companies, forest resource use, control and management organizations.