Open Competition for the International Academic Staff Vacancies within the framework of Project Applications Selection Second Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 “To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization”
Study direction „ Agriculture, forest management, fishing, veterinary medicine and food hygiene”
Project goal – development of academic staff of the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LLU) for the quality improvement of the study process by attracting foreign academic staff.
Project results – 30% of academic staff who received the support continues academic work at the LLU.
Project time period - from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021.
Deadline for application – February 18, 2019
Duration of employment – at least 6 months.
Requirements and criteria for the beneficiaries:
- A person who has been holding an academic position at an accredited foreign higher education institution in the EU during the previous five years.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) or comparable degree to PhD in the respective field of science.
- Research and academic working experience in the respective field of science.
- Fluent English (at least level C1, according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale).
- Very good digital literacy (according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale) and knowledge of new technologies in the learning process.
- Experience in international and/or national research projects
- Previous experience in developing study materials and improving study content, in preparing publications and knowledge of web-based study environments.
- Participation with presentations/reports in at least 3 international conferences in the last 5 years.
- Published monographs and scientific articles, including at least 3 indexed issues.
- Field of Study – Reproduction of Farm Animals; level of study - professional higher education study program in Veterinary Medicine and doctoral studies; courses - Veterinary Obstetrics and Gynecology; Veterinary Andrology; Artificial Insemination and Embryo Transfer; Reproductive Endocrinology; Research Methodology; Consultations in Scientific Papers and Publications and Summer School in program Obstetrics and Gynecology for doctoral students.
The following documents are required for ESF funding:
- The application for ESF funding (appendix 1).
- CV (in the Europass form; including experience of scientific work and list of publications)
- Copy of the doctoral diploma.
- Statement of higher education of the European Union (except Latvia) regarding employment in an academic position over the last five years.
- Other documents according to the opinion of applicant.
- The Committee for the evaluation of compatibility of knowledge, experience, and competence of foreign academic staff to the chosen academic position will be set up.
- The analysis and evaluation for the submitted documents will be done and, if necessary, face- to face interviews will be carried out.
- The volume of academic workload, length of contract, remuneration, lecture time schedule is being agreed with the most appropriate applicant. Within the scope of the project Latvian language training will be ensured for foreign academic staff.
- The contract will be signed for at least 6 months.
Documents must be submitted with reference “Selection of foreign academic staff” by February 18, 2019 via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Based on the Personal data protection law, first part of section 8, the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LLU) informs that the personal data indicated in the application document will be processed in order to ensure the conduct of this selection process and the above-mentioned personal data processing manager is the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies.