Updated! Important information regarding studies in the 2021/2022 academic year
The epidemiological situation throughout the world and Latvia has been difficult and often, unclear as we still do not know to how much of the ‘’normal’’ life we can return safely. As most higher education institutions, LLU has delivered the majority of teaching during 2020/2021 remotely, however we know that students want the adventure, that is attending a university. But we must also provide it in a cautious, health-oriented manner, therefore to ensure that the students enrolled at LLU receive a quality education and are able to participate in the university experience as much as is considered safe to do so, several rules have been put in place.
According to the rector's order on 11.10.2021 No. 4.3.-13/67 ''On the organisation of the study process in the study year of 2021/2022 at LLU'' epidemeliogocial safety measures adopted state that:
- Studies at LLU start on September 6, 2021, on-site
- On-site classes are organised in an epidemiologically safe environment and are attended by students, faculty, and staff involved in the study process with an interoperable vaccination or Covid-19 recovery certificate.
- The procedure for authentication of the Covid19 certificates will be outlined in a separate rector’s decree.
- Face masks must be used in all LLU areas.
- Students, teaching staff, and staff involved in the study process, who have a decision from the Council of Riga Eastern Clinical University to postpone vaccination for a certain period of time until the completion of a full vaccination course, participate in the study process remotely
- Persons presenting falsified certificates, forged test results or any other form of forged documents will be held liable in the order stipulated in the legislation.
Wishing you a safe and productive study year!