Open competition for the selection of doctoral students and candidates within the framework of Project Applications Selection Second Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
"Support for the employment of doctoral students and candidates at the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LLU)"
Project goal – to renew academic staff by employing doctoral students and doctoral degree candidates at the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies in the study direction:
"Agriculture, forest management, fishing, veterinary medicine and food hygiene"; Specialization - Agriculture (field of study – "Crop production and agronomy experimental design", 1 position).
Project results – 90% of doctoral students and doctoral degree candidates who have received ESF funding continue to work as academic staff at the LLU.
Project time period - from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2021.
Deadline for application – March 24, 2021.
Duration of employment – at least 12 months.
Requirements and selection criteria for the beneficiaries:
- Doctoral students in the last years of studies at accredited doctoral study programmes, doctoral students, who are Latvian Nationals studying outside Latvia in accredited doctoral study programmes and doctoral degree candidates.
- Doctoral students, who have successfully obtained the number of credits required during the first two/three years of studies// doctoral candidates, who have successfully completed doctoral studies.
- Participation with report at least at one international scientific conference.
- Publication of at least one scientific article.
- English language proficiency at least B2 level; Latvian language proficiency.
- Positive reference provided by the supervisor of thesis on the doctoral student/candidate as a potential university lecturer.
- Interest in research and teaching of LLU courses.
- If necessary, (video) interviews with candidates will be organized.
The following documents are required for ESF funding:
- The application for ESF funding (appendix 1).
- Motivation letter with career plan and description of doctoral thesis project with timeline.
- CV – Europass or in a free form with respect to the above requirements and conditions (skills of English, list of publications, conferences and international activities).
- Certificate of obtained credit points.
Based on the General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data provided in your application documents will be processed for the purpose of the selection process. The controller of personal data processing indicated in the application documents is the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies, address: Lielā iela 2, Jelgava.