Open Competition for the International Academic Staff Vacancies within the framework of Project Applications Selection Second Round of Specific Objective 8.2.2 "To Strengthen Academic Staff of Higher Education Institutions in the Areas of Strategic Specialization"
"Agriculture, forest management, fishing, veterinary medicine and food hygiene"; Specialization - Agriculture" (field of study – "Rumen metabolism and new aspects in nutrition of high productive dairy cows", 1 position).
Project goal – development of academic staff of the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies (LLU) for the quality improvement of the study process by attracting foreign academic staff.
Project results – 30% of academic staff who received the support continues academic work at the LLU.
Project time period - from January 1, 2019 to June 30, 2022.
Deadline for application – October 12, 2021
Duration of employment – at least 6 months.
Requirements and criteria for the beneficiaries:
- A person who has been holding an academic position at an accredited foreign higher education institution in the EU during the previous five years.
- Doctoral degree (PhD) or comparable degree to PhD in the respective field of science.
- Research and academic working experience in the respective field of science.
- Fluent English (at least level C1, according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale).
- Very good digital literacy (according to the Europass CV self-assessment scale) and knowledge of new technologies in the learning process.
- Experience in international and/or national research projects
- Previous experience in developing study materials and improving study content, in preparing publications and knowledge of web-based study environments.
- Participation with presentations/reports in at least 3 international conferences in the last 5 years.
- Published monographs or scientific articles, including at least 3 indexed issues.
The following documents are required for ESF funding:
- The application for ESF funding (appendix 1).
- CV (in the Europass form; including experience of scientific work and list of publications)
- Copy of the doctoral diploma.
- Statement of higher education of the European Union (except Latvia) regarding employment in an academic position over the last five years.
- Other documents according to the opinion of applicant.
- The Committee for the evaluation of compatibility of knowledge, experience, and competence of foreign academic staff to the chosen academic position will be set up.
- The analysis and evaluation for the submitted documents will be done and, if necessary, face- to face interviews will be carried out.
- The volume of academic workload, length of contract, remuneration, lecture time schedule is being agreed with the most appropriate applicant. Within the scope of the project Latvian language training will be ensured for foreign academic staff.
- The contract will be signed for at least 6 months.
Documents must be submitted with reference "Selection of foreign academic staff" by October 12, 2021 via e-mail: email@example.com
Based on the General Data Protection Regulation, the personal data provided in your application documents will be processed for the purpose of the selection process. The controller of personal data processing indicated in the application documents is the Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies, address: Lielā iela 2, Jelgava.