LLU Forest and Water Resources Research Laboratory
"LLU Forest and Water Resources Research Laboratory" conducts research programmes and projects, fundamental and applied research in forest sciences, hydro-engineering sciences, environmental sciences and material sciences related to:
- forest resources – their sustainable management, planning and recreation;
- timber resources – timber application in construction (bridges, towers, support of water edges etc.);
- sustainable environment – research of land, water and air quality;
- hydro-technical structures – drainage, ports, power supply in the context of hydroelectric power stations;
- water resources – addressing issues from drinking water to sewage sludge utilization;
- hydrology – surface and ground water flow and cycles, flood risks.
The long-term observations and research data of the scientific staff of the laboratory are used in the education programmes at undergraduate, post-graduate and doctoral levels.